Tech Tip – Organising Files Using ‘Libraries’
If you would like a quick and easy way to bring all relevant files from different drives into one virtual folder that you can search at one time, use the Windows 10 ‘Libraries’ feature. Here’s how:
– Go to/open File Explorer.
– If ‘Libraries’ isn’t listed e.g., under ‘This PC’, right mouse click in the navigation pane and click ‘Show Libraries’.
– To create your own library, double click on ‘Libraries’ and right mouse click > New > Library. There are also four default libraries that are already in user account.
– Click on the new Library folder you’ve created and, top left, click on the ‘Manage Library’ folder icon.
– You can then click on the ‘Add’ and ‘Remove’ buttons to organise your virtual Libraries.