Tech Tip – Type Faster In Windows 11 Using ‘Voice Typing’
Windows 11 ‘voice typing’ feature uses online speech recognition so that you can enter text on your PC simply by speaking. Here’s how to use it:
– Firstly, make sure you’re connected to the Internet, have a working microphone, and have your cursor in a text box.
– Press Windows logo key + H on a hardware keyboard.
– Press the microphone key next to the Spacebar on the touch keyboard.
– Voice typing will start listening automatically. Wait for the “Listening…” alert before you start speaking.
To stop voice typing:
– Say a voice typing command, e.g. “Stop listening”.
– Press the microphone button on the voice typing menu.